Saturday, November 19, 2005

Eating Boston

Although I was in Boston for two whole days, I only managed to make it back with pictures of one meal. That doesn't mean we only had one meal worth photographing, I just wasn't on point. For example, the breakfast we had our second day was a breakfast buffet at the restaurant attached to our hotel, but I had a really good omelet that morning, so it's unfortunate there are no pictures. That afternoon we had Italian food in Little Italy and that evening we went and saw Derailed and then walked to the Houston's at Quincy Market and split a late dinner of spinach dip and fresh, delicious halibut with french fries. You can never go wrong with Houston's, I think that was my favorite meal, the fish was very very good.

But, I do have pictures of our first meal in Boston when we went to lunch at the Purple Shamrock near Quincy Market. Trey was hungry when we got there so we decided to order crab cakes to split as appetizer to tide us over until the food came. Trey loves crab cakes, he couldn't wait...here he is licking his lips in anticipation while he dreams about those warm crab cakes.


I was thirsty.


Then the crab cakes arrived with aioli and a mixed greens salad. They looked tasty. Aren't they pretty?


Trey was really excited, he couldn't wait to dig in, but he patiently let me take a picture. They were very good, we wanted more! But we had more food coming, so we savored what we had.


For lunch I tried something new. I got the lunch special, which was a 1 pound lobster with french fries and cole slaw. Having never tried a whole lobster before, I figured Boston was as good a place as any to do it. This is what I got:


It was a tasty lobster but I had quite a time breaking it open. Having never had the experience before I wasn't exactly sure what to do, but Trey helped me out with instructions of what was edible and then physical force later when was trying to make a fool of myself with the claw crackers. It was an amusing experience.

My reccomendation: If you're ever in Boston, get the fish (or any seafood, really).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home