Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Curry chicken

Tonight I had chicken to use and an idea for how to use it. I found some indian/masaman type curry stuff in a jar that you just had to add water and chicken to and there's dinner. I took this idea and ran with it deciding to make my own curry chicken interpretation with the help of this jar. I cut up some cauliflower and potatoes and put them in to start cooking, then I chopped up my three chicken breasts and added them to the sauce mixed with the specified amount of water and veggies. Upon examining it I decided I wanted to stretch it a bit more for the amount of chicken I had, so I added some chicken broth as well. I let it simmer covered for about 12 more minutes until the chicken was cooked through and the vegetable were tender. I added some frozen peas to the mix and let them get warmed up too. The resulting dish looked like this:

While all that was cooking I also made some rice in the rice cooker to give a base to the final product. In the end I really liked this, and Dad and Jon said they enjoyed it too. The sauce wasn't thick at all, but I enjoyed it like that, it made sort of a chunky soup. The jarred sauce was good, I would definitely use it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home