Sunday, October 02, 2005

Desperate dining


Since today is Sunday I knew I would be watching Desperate Housewives tonight. I was feeling like playing a desperate housewife myself, and thus I decided to make an exciting dinner. I had some leftover pumpkin from the donuts, and I decided to make pumpkin ravioli. Then, since I was already making ravioli, I decided I would make some herb cheese ravioli as well. I'd never done it before, but I knew I could use wonton wrappers, and that's just what I did. It was a fun experience, and everyone really enjoyed the results! To make the ravioli I took one egg and mixed it with one tablespoon of water.

Then I proceeded to brush the egg wash onto my wonton wrappers, put a dab of filling on one side, fold in half, and seal with a fork.

That method works with any filling you want, so it is useful. To go with it I used the same sauce for both fillings and they were really good together. Jon liked the cheese best, Dad and I liked both. I got my recipe for Sage Cream Sauce from epicurious.


As if pasta wasn't filling enough we had soup to go with it as well. Why? I don't know, but I just wanted to make some. There is no picture because the photos didn't do it justice. It really was quite good, and it made great leftovers. I used this recipe for Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup.

For dessert I made figs wrapped in prochuttio, broiled momentarily, and topped with toasted walnuts and gorgonzola cheese - yum! This was a great combination.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks really good - especially wish I could have tried the figs!

Love, Mom

10/13/2005 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home